The Critical Alignment Yoga training is intended for people who want to delve into this yoga form, where the “alignment” of the body is central. Good alignment means that the body can move freely without tension. From the perspective of movement, stuck body structures are broken.
During the training you will become acquainted with Critical Alignment Yoga and you will learn how to transfer the knowledge about Critical Alignment to others. After the training you can start working as a teacher.
- The training consists of two series of 8 weekends, spread over 2 years.
- The training is open to anyone who has no yoga experience yet, but also to yoga teachers from different styles who want to integrate Critical Alignment Yoga in their teaching.
- Number of participants: minimum 15, maximum 22.
The dates for 2023 are not yet confirmed. We expect to start a new Critical Alignment Yoga teacher training the first quarter of 2023.
- Costs per year (8 weekends) 2,200 excl. 21% VAT (incl. VAT 2,662). *
- Total costs of the training (16 weekends) 4,400 excl. 21% VAT (incl. VAT 5,324). *
* Included is the book Critical Alignment Yoga by Gert van Leeuwen and a practice strip. A deposit of 200 is required upon registration
Course content (subject to change)
- Introduction CAY
- Connections I
- Connections II
- Bend over
- Bending backwards
- Standing postures
- Inverted postures
- Teaching the elderly
- Series lessons
- Introduction to didactics
- Teaching I
- Teaching II
- Lesson structure
- Completion plus certificate issue
- After the first year, an intensive yoga week is given in Narthiac (France). First year participants are strongly recommended to participate. All parts of the course come together here in one week, which leads to an experience that cannot be built up by following the weekly lessons.
- If you are a member of the Vereniging Yogadocenten Nederland (VYN) and have already completed a yoga course elsewhere, you may charge 60 additional training points for this course